Sunday, May 9, 2010

My new love!

Everyone knows that I have two passions...teaching dance and helping people with their health and fitness goals. Well this weekend I discovered Zumba. The park district I teach at wanted to offer a Zumba class in the fall so I said I'd get certified to teach it. I attended the workshop blindly, not knowing what Zumba really was....I just knew it was supposed to be a "dance party." Our workshop began with a Master Class from Jani Roberts. Insane!! Her energy was through the rough which made the whole class give back 100%. I think the best part about Zumba is that there is no verbal cueing...it's all based on listening to the music and following along. I also love that it's such a stress free and fun environment, if you can't get a step it's not a big deal, just do your own thing and have fun. And one more bonus...I burned 500 calories in an hour and it didn't even feel like I was doing work..(unlike my miles I log on the treadmill) I can't wait to being teaching and sharing my love for dance and fitness. This summer I plan on doing a free class in the park just for fun and to give you a taste of it so I'll keep you all posted!

5 comments:

  1. I think you sold me on trying...! thanks for sharing!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to do a free class in the park!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on picking a date now :-) Keep you posted :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talk to the park district, they may let you offer a free class for interest in the fall. --Kristin

    ReplyDelete