Sunday, December 19, 2010

Fat Secret....shh!

Alright! New Years resolution time is right around the corner so we might as well start now or at least get ready! How many of you keep a food log? How many of you exercise but aren't seeing a difference in your body? Eating right is crucial to getting to your goal. Trust me...I trained for a marathon but ate whatever I wanted so I wasn't looking too different by the time the race was over. Keeping a food journal is a great way to stay on track. I had one of my clients start doing this is and she was shocked at the amount of hidden calories she has throughout the day from lattes and tea. It was also eye opening to see her intake of water. During these colder months it's easy to skip the water...but try to get your 64 oz in.

If you like writing things out you can buy a journal or print this out http://www.personal-nutrition-guide.com/support-files/weekly_food_diary.pdf


If you like logging online my favorite site is http://www.fatsecret.com or http://www.loseit.com

Remember be honest! Only you are seeing this....well unless you want to have someone check up on you. I can see my friend's food logs on fatsecret. And start with small goals. Some people get overwhelmed when they try to change everything at once. So start by hitting your water goal or having a healthy breakfast. Make small changes and let your body adjust to them before moving on to the next goal. Life is too short! So don't beat yourself up if you have a glass of egg nog :-) Happy Holidays!!!

If you're in the NW suburbs come take my Zumba class Xmas Eve morning at 10:45 am! xoxo

1 comment: