Saturday, June 5, 2010

3500 Calories = 1 lb!



Losing weight is all math!! I've found that there are tons of different theories on losing weight. Eat 6 times a day, drink lemon juice/cayenne pepper, low carb diets, etc...so which is the right way to lose weight? I think everyone is a little different when it comes to weight loss and we all have different trigger foods. But it all comes down to math. 3500 kcals is equal to 1 pound. So what do that mean? To lose weight you have to burn more calories in a day than you eat. You can calculate your basal metabolic rate at this site http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/ from there you just figure out your activity level and how many calories you need to maintain your weight. So to lose weight you can subtract 500 cals a day (to lose 1 lb a week) or you can subtract less than that if you are adding exercise in. Weight watchers, Jenny Craig, South Beach...all of these diets work because you're consistently eating less than you were eating pre-diet. So I'm done listening to some of my coworkers telling me to eat more! I wasn't seeing resuls that way and since I've started track my calories I've lost 1.5 lbs. Time to get a workout in :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment